Wednesday, February 08, 2006

A New Look For Eclipse

Derek and I had a very long and productive story conference today (that's a fancy way of saying we chatted online about the book a lot). Now I'm really looking forward to reading #1! We're putting a lot more thought into the pacing of the book and you're going to see the focus more evenly distributed around the members of the team.

While the interior pages of the book are now going to have a more traditional comic book look to them, we discussed keeping the cover art as 3D rendered pieces. As such, that means working up fully textured versions of the new Young Gods models. I thought I'd share the first of these here, so...um....here it is. This is, of course, the new look for Eclipse. In the original version of The Young Gods, Eclipse was sixteen years old. We're revising all the ages downwards for the new version, and so the new Eclipse is now thirteen.

I'll be working on the other characters over the next few days, and I'll post pictures here as I do them. Then I'll start working on some pin-up and cover art to promote the series with.

We've set ourselves a deadline of the start of the Bristol Comic Expo in May to get the first issue complete. By then we will hopefully have a finished book that we can start showing to publishers. It would be great to find a home for The Young Gods in the UK.

No comments: