Thursday, February 02, 2006

First look at The Young Gods new look!















This is my first attempt at my new method of creating the artwork for The Young Gods. The "pencils" were created using Poser, printed out and inked using the traditional method of brush and ink, then scanned and coloured in Photoshop. I'm not 100% happy with the inking, but it'll take me a while to get used to inking over the Poser images.

As you can see the biggest changes are Eclipse and Outrage, who are both now the ages that I orginally intended them to be. Everyone's a bit younger really, Juice is cuter, and Impact is a bit sassier. Paladin is fairly unchanged, his costume ahs been simplified, and Revenant is the most unchanged, although he's lost his shirt and his clothes and hair are now white.

All in all I'm fairly pleased with this is a "proof-ofconcept" kind of thing. The next step is to produce some sequential pages...well...the first issue...to see how it works.

As usual, click on the picture for the full size version.

No comments: