Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The 50th Post!

Well, here we are, 50 posts, 335 hits, 5 months.

Okay, okay, on with the news...

...I am now officially a part of Supreme Knight Studios!

There...that's it. What that means for me, basically, is that I get to work with a lot of great people on some exciting new comic books. Also, as they are based in the US, it means that I will have a presence at the US conventions, despite not being able to get there myself, which is very important. It's early days at the moment, so I don't know exactly what I'm going to be doing - lettering, colouring, inking, CG art, or all of them - but, obvious I'll be posting here as soon as I know.

We've talked a little about the possibility of The Young Gods coming under the Supreme Knight banner, but there's certainly nothing concrete there. I expect we'll discuss it more once Derek and I have produced something a bit more concrete.

On the subject of The Young Gods, Derek's tells me he'll have at least 5 pages fully scripted for me by the end of the week. So, hopefully, I'll have some actual artwork from #1 ready to show off after the weekend. After much thought and thanks to the positive reaction to my CG work on the Markosia forum, I've decided that the reworked Young Gods #1 will be completely CG. Ultimately, it's going to be quicker and look better. So it makes sense on both counts.

To accompany this post we have a pic' of the new look Impact from The Young Gods. Entitled "Do You Feel Lucky?", this picture was really the clincher for me in making the decision to produce The Young Gods in Poser rather than inking over "pencils" produced in Poser. Personally I think my renders have really stepped up a notch here in terms of lighting and atmosphere.

Well, that's it for the 50th post, it's been an eventful five months, who knows where we'll be at by post 100?!

No comments: