Friday, March 03, 2006

Project H.E.R.O: Page 1 and The Young Gods too!























Well, I've completed the first page of Project H.E.R.O. - only another 39 to go! It was quite a challenge to get the water looking good but I'm really pleased with the results, and so are the guys at Visionary, so we're off to a good start.

I'm also hard at work on page 3 of The Young Gods, which is proving to be quite a pain in the bum to render. It's my fault for making everything so complex and detailed, really. I'd love a few grand to spend on a dedicated 3D graphics workstation PC, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. I'm posting what I've done so far on page 3, mainly so Derek doesn't think I've just been twiddling my thumbs instead of working on it!























I had to render each figure and the backgrounds seperately and then composite them in Photoshop. So, for the first panel, that's four layers...so four times as much rendering time! I should be able to complete the page tomorrow night, and I'll post the completed version as soon as it's done. Of course...I also have to start work on the next page of Project H.E.R.O. Busy, busy, busy....

Oh, I should also draw attention to Derek's blog, where he's chronicling his experiences writing The Young Gods, you can can find it here.

No comments: