Friday, March 24, 2006

Demons, Poser 6 and Marvel Comics


Well, hopefulyl Chuck won't mind me posting this here, it's my second piece of colouring work for Of Bitter Souls. I'm pretty pleased with this one. It was a little more thought out than the last one as I'm starting to get to grips with what I'ma ctually doing! I'm hoping to do some more colour work for Chuck soon, and I'll keep you posted.

Last nigth I installed Poser 6 (at last!) and it's definitely going to help speed things up. The spot render tool is especially useful. I haven't had much chance to explore all the new features yet but I've already put it to use working on another reworking of pages 4-5 of Project HERO. I always knew this spread was going to be tough to get right but I think we're just about there now.

I really want to make some decent progress on Project HERO and The Young Gods now, everything's going so frustratingly slowly. It hasn't helped that my office is the coldest room in the house, and we've had some really cold nights recently, so marathon rendering sessions 'till 3am have been made especially uncomfortable. Hopefully I can pick up a small electric heater this weekend which should make a big difference!

Okay...so I've dealt with the demons...and Poser 6...what was the other item in the heading? Oh yes....Marvel Comics. Well, Visionary are putting together a package to showcase all of their artists' and writers' work to Marvel Comics, which means that my CG art and my colouring will be viewed by some of the most important people in the industry. This could seriously lead to the kind of work that would enable me to give up the day job. Visionary have asked me to produce a CG cover image featuring a Marvel character....which will be quite a challenge. Hopefully I can get that done this weekend. I'll be posting it here as soon as it's finished. If I have the time, and it works, I want to do a few Marvel images, I've got in mind at least three pics, one of Wolverine, one of Sue Storm and possibly an Avengers pic. Oh...might do the Silver Surfer too. Oh...and Spider-Man!

No comments: