Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More post-Bristol rambling...


















First off, apologies, but I just couldn't resist posting another picture of Tony Lee very hungover on Sunday morning. That said, I'm not entirely sure that he wasn't just still drunk ;-)

For those of you who can't make out the text on the previous pic' of Tony, it's something that I posted on the Markosia forum that Derek subsequently combined with his own "Hungover Tony" pic:

Hotel: £108
Comics: £20
Taxis: £30
Beer: £50
Seeing Tony Lee that hungover on Sunday morning: Priceless

Yes, I really do think I'm that funny :-P

In other news, the plot for The Intergalactic Adventures of Slam Ripley is now complete and has been submitted to Visionary for review. I'm planning to do nothing on this particular project other than write it. I'll post more news on Slam as I have it, but the blog has already received one hit as a result of someone Googling "Slam Ripley", which is kinda cool.

Hopefully I'll be able to post some info on my latest CG art project for Visionary, which, I believe, is to be a space opera set in the Visionary Universe. Again, keep checking back for more details.

Finally, the Smoke & Mirror TPB is due out next month, so be sure to pick it up! I've been talking to the gang at Markosia about doing some more work for them. Once again, you'll know what's happening as soon as I do.

The Bristol Con was amazing. On a personal level I don't think I've ever felt like I belonged anywhere quite as much as I did this weekend. I made some great new friends and hopefully it won;t be another year before I get to meet them all again. On a professional level it really helped to build my relationship with Markosia. It was great to put names to faces at last and to spend some time chatting with Rich Emms, who I've only really encountered in passing online before. Harry says I have to come to San Diego...I'm assuming the plane tickets are in the post (JOKE!!! Please, no rumours off the back of that comment!). The con' has certainly helped to raise my profile in the UK comics community in general, which is no bad thing, and the hit rate on this blog has spiked since everyone got back from the con'.

I really don't want to have to wait a whole year to do it all again. Ah well....

No comments: