Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Young Gods are GO!

First up, let me apologise for the vagueness of this post, but I'm simply not at liberty to divulge certain information at this time.

Suffice it to say that we are, as of right now, working on a six page Young Gods story that will act as a prequel to the one-shot. So, in a sense, it's a prequel to our prequel.

This six page story will be developed with Visionary Comics Studio and will be published later in the year by a major independent comic book publisher.

I have, tonight, emailed a penciller to invite him onto the project, and, assuming he says yes, I'll make an announcement about that as soon as I hear back from him. Obviously, whoever ends up pencilling this six page story will have the option to stay on board for the one-shot, and the ongoing series after that.

I'll be providing plot, inks and colours, Derek will be on scriptwriting duties, as usual. I'm not sure what the arrangement is regarding lettering. I'd prefer not to letter, but I will if I have to.

So, that's all I can say right now, really, keep checking back for regular updates. Oh, in other news, I'd like to publicly welcome Peter Rogers on board the "Intergalactic Adventures of Slam Ripley" ship. Pete will be taking on the risky business of putting words into the mouths of Slam and the gang. He's got a couple of his own writing projects to finish up first, then he'll be working on a script for the Slam one-shot. I have a penciller in mind for that too now, but I don't intend to contact him until we have a finnished script. Please, feel free to leave comments, and don't forget to enter the caption competition.

No comments: