Saturday, August 12, 2006

Celebrate 2000 Hits with Ethal Nuargi!

Well, the hit counter just clicked past the 2000 mark, which is a pretty damn good excuse to celebrate, if you ask me!

This site will be a year old at the end of next month and it's certainly been an eventful year. It's odd to think that when I posted my first post here I'd never even heard of Markosia. I'd never coloured so much as a page of a comic book. And... well.... I could probably go on all night like this.

Back then I had very little more than a heap of hopes and dreams and the, frankly, quite ropey first draft of The Young Gods #1 (still available to download in the "My Work" section of the right hand column if you want a giggle). Of course, those of you have actually read that first draft will have already met a certain blue skinned, badly dressed alien by the name of Ethal Nuargi. You might be wondering then, if Ethal is in The Young Gods, why I've posted this lovely sketch of him by Slam Ridley penciller and co-creator Paul Ridgon. Well...simply put...Mr Nuargi play a part in The Intergalactic Adventures of Slam Ridley too.

Exactly what part he plays is something you'll just have to wait and see.

That's all for now really, except to say that I might just have a treat here for Young Gods fans tomorrow!

(Are there any Young Gods fans out there? I'd ask for you to make yourself known but... frankly... I'd probably find the deathly silence slightly depressing. Ah well...).

No comments: