Monday, January 30, 2006

An Experiment In Colour






















Well, I was bored at lunchtime the other day so I decided to try and figure out how to colour comic book pages. Mainly meant as just a bit of fun, I'm also expecting to have to colour the new version of Young Gods #1 if I ever get it finished, so I wanted to try and figure out exactly how to go about it. For a first attempt I'm fairly pleased with the results. As usual, click on the image for a larger version (Pencils: Ryan Stegman Inks & Colours: Ian Sharman).

On the inking side, I've just completed two pages that Ryan Stegman sent me and I'm pretty pleased with my progress. It's all starting to click into place now. Tonight I'll be making a start on a page that Inaki Miranda has sent me, which will be a challenge as it's in a totally different style.

It looks like I'll definitely be attending the Bristol Comic Expo in May. I'll be taking the train there and staying at the Hotel for the weekend. I'm really looking forward to it as I'll be able to meet up with everyone I've met via the Markosia site and hopefully introduce myself to a few other companies...assuming there's anyone there to introduce myself to! Hopefully I can come away from it with a few more good contacts, and maybe some inking work. We'll see....

No comments: